Wednesday 21 February 2018

Missing Mum

Hello my friends!!

It's so great to be back in Blogville - I only wish I were bringing happier news.

You see, just when I was happily settling in to life in 2018, it happened again...

This wheelie guy is never good news...

That's right, the dreaded wheelie came out...


As soon as I saw it I knew that dad was planning on leaving me again, so I kept a super close eye on him, and was careful to never let him out of my sight.

Staying nice and close, that's good...

Actually I'll just get a little closer...

Yes, that's better...

Except I was wrong! It wasn't my papa who left - it was mum!!!!

Hmm, something fishy is going on here, mum is hugging me awfully tightly...

What the heck?! 

After a big hug, mum took the wheelie and left...

You guessed it - WITHOUT ME.

So flat right now...

Well that night I stayed outside in the dark waiting for mum to come home.

I waited and waited and waited....

And even when it started raining I still waited, hiding behind the garden plants so papa couldn't find me to bring me inside.


Camouflage Morrie. No one will ever see me here...
But she still didn't come home!

So the next day, the search began - 

Come on dad, there is no time to lose!
I hit the streets early, doing my best to follow the scent of the dreaded wheelie...

Nope, you don't sniff like a wheelie...

But I there was no sign of mum or that stupid bag.

Needless to say, I was mildly panicked....



And after a good session of zoomies to clear my head, the answer came to me...

The beach!

Quick dad, eyes straight ahead, foot on the pedal...

I grabbed my papa and headed to the car - 

As soon as we got there, I could see where my mum would be...

Morrie Island!


Morrie Island is a special patch of sand surrounded by water that only appears on some days...

It's a special place mum took me when I was very little, so when I saw it was a Morrie Island day, I just knew she'd be out there!




Well I was super brave and ran straight into the deep water,

But still, I couldn't find my mum.


Okay yes, I MAY have stopped for a quick play of the ball with dad...

But other than that it was STRICTLY business I can assure you.

And eventually we had to call the search off for the day :(

I can't believe I got wet for nothing....
It's been a good two weeks since mum's been gone,

But for some strange reason dad doesn't seem as worried as I am.

Last night he told me there was a secret message on the wheelie that I didn't notice, which would have explained where mum has gone...



Well I'm not really sure what that funny yellow writing is supposed to mean,

But that yellow guy on the left looks like the picture of the animal on my Kangaroo Jerky treats...

So maybe mum is off to get me some more of those? I hope so!!


Until next time!


"...because there's nothing minor about being a Morris..."

29 comments:

  1. Wow Moms at the Olympics!!! That's awesome. Still sad for you. Dad has gotten to the point he waits until the last possible moment to bring out the suitcases because we don't do well with our reactions to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also just HATE when Mama goes away...but Dad's are pretty good at ball playing and treat giving!
    xoxo,
    Rosy, Arty & Jakey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Morrie, it strikes me you had some fun adventures and we have no doubt that your mum is having a brilliant time at the Winter Olympics. Win win, I say.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.
    PS Gail says who can forget the time when the Australian speed skater won gold 'cos all the other competitors in front of him fell over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh nose...Mum has run off with the wheelie guy, that's terrible
    (butt, I hope she's having a great time at the Olympics!)
    Ummmm, how good a cook is Dad, I mean, do you need a Red Cross parcel?????
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx
    PeeS Will Mum update upon us on her adventures when she and wheelie guy get back home?

    ReplyDelete
  5. wait a minute!!! Is your Mom a skater or something?????????????? OMG!!!! I have been watching the Olympics......I better help you look for your Mum there!!!! (BTW this blog post was DARLING!!) DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Mom disappears sometimes too, but she always comes back. Last time, she left Dad directions on feeding me my raw diet, but he didn't understand and fed me almost DOUBLE the meat for 3 days. Woo hoo! I wish Mom would go away more often! ~Lucy
    Pee S. those videos were pawsome

    ReplyDelete
  7. dood....yur mooveez R grate ...we gived em all 984 PAWZ UP !!! N we R sorree yur mom wented two de ohlympix with out ewe but we bet herz still thinkin bout ewe everee minit.....well, N dad two ☺☺☺ hope herz havin an awesum time N safe travelz home !!!!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. We know all about those wheelie guys....we hate them. You've done a thorough search, but we think that writing explains why you lost the trail. We hope she's home SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our Mom just left us over the weekend and we were so very happy to see her come home.

    At least you had lots of fun adventures while searching for that wheelie and Mum. And zoomies are always good for making us feel a lot better:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMD! is she at the Olympics???
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  11. We think you handled things very well. We would really be panicked all the time. We hope she is home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't understand the yellow sign either, Morrie. If your daddy knows where mum is, why doesn't he just tell you?? My mommy has nevfur left us, but daddy has. And once a year they BOTH do! But they've always come back. I'm sure your mum will as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dang, I sure hope that wheely thing brings your Mom home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought my Mom went there to but it was actually P.F. Chang's and she came back with Chinese takeout. I hope your Mom is home soon and had a wonderful time.

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is your mom going to bring you back a gold medal? That would be super cool. We're sorry you miss your mom but we hope you are having a great time with your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your mum is at the Olympic games, Morrie? That's wonderful! Turn on your TV and you will find her!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOWZERS Morrie! Your Mum is at the Olympics - how cool is that!! Maybe you will see her on the TV thingie??!! I bet you miss her lots but it seems your Dad is taking pretty darn good care of you. Hope she's home soon.

    Hugs, Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Morrie! Your mum has gone somewhere really exciting! I now the feeling, though, mine tends to leave with some regularity...

    Woofs,
    Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Don't tell me that your mom left your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'd be worried too if my Mom went away for so long! Hope she comes home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMD, Morrie, you did an EXCELLENT job at sniffin' out the wheelie bag! I just loved your videos and I thinks you worked very hard, and deserve a reward! I hopes your MOms is bringing you back something really PAWSOME!!! Maybe a TIGER! That would be cool!!!
    I hopes your MOms is having a FABulous time at the Olympics!!!!
    Safe trip for your MOms and her wheelie bag!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥
    pees: I hears the male peeps are suckers for the big brown puppy eyes, and they give out treaties freely if you flash them...☺

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow your Mom is some lucky! I'll bet there are some good stories of where she's been for you to blog about when she gets home.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Morrie...you mum went to the Olympics...that is amazing. Is she an athlete or perhaps a news correspondent? Either way I bet she was tired when she got home and I know you and Dad got tons of mum kisses.
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow, your mom went to the Olympic games? That must be one of a kind experience!!

    Momo & Pinot xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your mom will have some amazing stories for you when she came back. Maybe she can take you next time for a road trip. It was great that you got to spend some time with dad for a few days. Thanks for the share. Have a great day.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, looks like I'm not the only one that misses you! I hopes you and your peeps are well, and havin' a FABulous Summer Morrie!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete