Wednesday 15 November 2017

Marathon Man

Hello there my fur-pals!

Well as you've no doubt noticed I've been a little slack with my blogging recently...

But I can assure you I have had good reason.

You see, a couple of weeks ago, there was quite an unusual event in my household, which turned my little world upside down.

My world upside down... pretty cool actually...

It all started when my papa wheeled out this suspicious looking object..

What the heck is that?!

I didn't know exactly what it was, but I knew something was up when my papa started putting all his favourite clothes in there - even the jumper I like to snuggle with sometimes! *gasp*

Hmm, I don't like the look of this - think I might start unpacking...

Mum started acting all funny too, hovering around my papa and giving him lots of hugs.

Then a strange looking yellow car pulled into the driveway...

Nothing good comes in yellow....

And you won't believe what happened next.... my papa left!!

I was in total shock. Where would he be going without mum and me?

It was a very confusing moment, and I stayed staring through the door for quite a while, certain that there had been some mistake, and that my papa would be back any moment.

That's it mum, keep staring.. it usually works...

But he wasn't.

When I questioned mum, she told me papa had gone to some strange place called New York, because he wanted to do a really long run, called a "marathon".

Well I didn't know exactly where New York was, but I certainly do know the best places to run, (I'm quite the athlete remember), and I was desperate to find my papa and bring him home.

So naturally, I headed to the most logical place for a run - the park.

Hurry up mum! New York awaits!

Well I ran and I ran...

Quick, quick, quick!


But I'm ashamed to admit I couldn't find him.

Okay yes, I may have made the odd pit-stop for a quick play with a mate here or there too...

Tell me what you've done with my papa, and noone gets hurt...

But no matter where I looked, I couldn't find this special place called New York.

The next day, mum told me that New York wasn't somewhere I could walk to (gee thanks mum, you might have told me that a bit sooner),

And that it was so far away, that papa had to get into a funny silver tube and fly through the air!!

Hopefully my papa's pilot is as switched on as this guy!

Well this was quite a shock for me, and while I didn't like the thought of my papa flying through the air like one of those tasty looking pigeons I've been watching... (yum, pigeon *licks lips*)

I decided to be the most supportive mate I could be.

I started by making him a cheer card:

Well if that doesn't inspire him, nothing will

Then I woke mum up at 2am on the day he was running, so we could follow him as he ran along the course.
Come on papa, move faster. That doesn't look very far to me!

And then, to really show my support, I even did my best imitation of how he looked after he crossed the finish line...

Mockery - the highest form of flattery

Anyway, after being the most supportive guy in the world,

I'd resigned myself to the fact that it was just me and mum from now on.

Just the two of us...

BUT

You won't believe what happened this morning!

I was woken by a strange noise at the gate -

Who dares to disturb my sleep?
And then the funny sound of that wheelie object being dragged along the ground.

IT WAS MY PAPA!!!


Is that really you?! I don't believe it!!
Yes, that's right.

He must have got back into that funny silver tube and flown home to us!

I was so excited I didn't let him out of my sight for the whole day.

Yep. You're staying put.
Even when he needed to rest...

I refused to leave his side:

Okay, if you insist we sleep then I'll oblige...

And of course from now on, I'll be making sure that the only runs he goes on are close to home,

And more importantly, are with his best mate.

This lead ought to keep my papa secure...

Until next time!


"...because there's nothing minor about being a Morris..."

47 comments:

  1. Congrats to your dad for all that running. We are glad he made it home and was only tired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I think I should probably take most of the credit though - I did train him well by making him chase me around the park!! ;)
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie!

      Delete
  2. We know you are proud of him... even if he did run off for a few days. Keep close watch on him in the future though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am proud...
      but I will certainly be keeping a close watch on him in the future!!
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats to your Dad. What a great adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much -
      But I'm super happy to have him home too :)
      Your good friend Morrie!

      Delete
  4. That is a big achievement for Dad to run in the NY Marathon. Maybe if you train along with him, you can join him for the next marathon.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's a great idea! I'm pretty sure I don't need to train though... I'm a very fit guy, and that track didn't look too long to me...
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  5. You keep him with you! Congrats to him for the Marathon, but we know what it's like being abandoned! Now, we think you need some extra treats for all your searching....just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, being abandoned is no fun, and I'm definitely keeping a close eye on him from now on!!
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie!

      Delete
  6. Oh gosh, I bet you missed him so much and are so happy he's returned home. How amazing that he ran the New York City marathon. We watched some of it on TV. Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure did miss him! He was very excited about completing the marathon... but I'm still not convinced it was worth leaving me for...
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  7. Wow! we are impressed that your papa ran in the NY Marathon! That is a long way to run. Looks like he is happy to be home with you now
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hazel and Mabel,
      Yes he certainly seems proud of himself and I'm very proud too - but I also know he couldn't have done it without all my helpful training!
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  8. OMD, Morrie, you sure did a FABulous job trainin' your Pops for his adventure! That is a huuuuuuge accomplishment! I would likes to give your Pops a HIGH PAW for finishing! And a HIGH PAW to you for your training...I knows he could NOT have done it without your help!
    Nows, if that wheelie case ever comes out again..jump in and puts all the clothes on top of you! They will NEVER find you and you can surprise your Pops when you gets to your destination! See, I do have a good idea every once in awhile...oh, butts don't forgets the snacks...
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I LOVE your idea of hiding in the wheelie thing Ruby!!
      I will definitely do this if I ever see that silly wheelie thing again (but let's hope I don't...)
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  9. Love this post Morrie and well done to your Dad for running that New York Marathon thing. (That is one very long run you know). And phew, thank goodness he made it safely back. If only our humans had a way of telling us exactly when they would return.
    Next time maybe try hiding in his suitcase?
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bertie!
      And yes I agree our Pawents should be better at telling us when they'll be back!!
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  10. Hiya, Morrie! Thanks for stopping by our blog, and for your nice comments. :)

    How awesome that your dad ran the NYC Marathon! We live about an hour from New York, and I work there every day. We think it's way cool that people from all over come to compete in the Marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much!
    And yes it is exciting that dad completed the marathon.. apparently he had to fly in that strange silver tube for more than 16 hours to get there!! (That's like three big snoozes long!!)
    Hopefully he takes me next time and I can see where you live!
    Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to your dad, Morrie! That is a huge accomplishment and I'm so happy that he's home with you now! Gosh, your dad was only 2 hours away from me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? He was close to you? That's amazing because he told me he had to fly in that funny silver tube for more than 20 hours to get there!! I can't believe I have so many good friends all over the world!
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie!

      Delete
  13. Oh Morrie, you are such a cutie. Good for you to try so hard to find the Dad and we are thrilled that he came home to you after that long long run. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy he came home too!! What a silly dad he is to think he needs to go all that way just to go for a run..
      Oh well, that's Pawents for you! 😂
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  14. Wow! That was quite a story! Glad your Dad got back safe and sound. (NYC is on the other side of the state from where we live.) My John human (sibling 1 of 4) runs in marathons too.

    Oh, and the next time we have snow, I'll be sure to post lots of pictures for you to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow so you live over that way too!? Lots of my Blogville friends seem to be over that way... I will definitely tell dad to take me next time!
      And yes please send photos of the snow - I'm so jealous!!
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  15. Mee-you what a story Moorie doggie!! mee wudnered all sorts of fingss till mee red about thee mary-thon. LadyMum said Hu'manss who likek to run ALOT will go to thee speshell mary-thonss an compete with each other...like horses inn a race. Hu'manss are sorta odd aren't they?
    Mee finks that lead will keep yur Pappaw close to you frum now on Morrie.
    You tooked grate fotss mee furend. An yur Mumma iss so purrty...maybe tell yur Pappaw to run YO yur Mumma not away frum, mew mew mew....
    ***paw patsss*** Siddhartha Henry =^,.^=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Siddhartha Henry!
      Thanks for teaching me more about marathons! I still don't understand why papa needed to go so far away just to go for a run !! Humans sure are odd!
      And yes, I'm definitely keeping my dad close to me from now on!
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  16. Oh Morrie this was just darling!!! I love how you ran and ran and looked for your Papa!! (even when you DID meet friends along the way). How adorable you are! This post was just the cutest! So glad your Papa is now home with you safe and sound!! Sending much love to you and your sweet family xoxo DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes I'm super happy to have dad back home (but I am keeping a VERY close eye on him).
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  17. Oh that sounds like a most wonderful homecoming!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian,
      It really was great to have him home!!
      Your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  18. dood !! we CRACKED UP at yur impressionz oh dad at de finish line !! ♥♥♥ N ya noe what...we couldna find new york either even if itz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> thata way frum uz !!! 984 pawz up two dad for runnin de race... N tell de trooth, we noe ewe N mum had lotz oh parteez :)☺☺☺♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I'm glad you liked my finishing pose - I think I captured his look perfectly! 😂
      And yes... truth be told it wasn't all bad just mum and me - we may have got up to a bit of fun!!
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  19. Wow! All that way to run. Guess no one told your dad he could run with you and he wouldn't have to fly in that big silver bird. Must have been something very special for him to go without you and your mom. Glad he is safely home where you can keep your eyes on him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that was my thought exactly! Why would you travel all around the world to run when we have a great park just a few minutes away?!
      Pawents can be silly...
      So glad to have him home though!!
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  20. Cogratulations to your Dad and to you too for spirtually helping him during his race by racing too. I know you gave him the strength to make it thorugh the race. And I am very happy he is home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much and I will pass on your congratulations! Although I'm glad you can see how much I helped him on!!
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  21. Congratulations to your daddy fur finishing the marathon! I'm barking about that long time flying. After that, the running part must have seemed easy, BOL! After all, you've been training him fur that!
    My daddy ran a marathon once, but he did it right here where we live. Mommy and I met him at the finish line, and he looked just like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hershey!
      Dad is very proud of himself and I must confess I'm a little proud too..
      But mostly I'm just so happy to have him home!
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  22. Congrats to your dad for finishing New York! Let us know if he ever wants to do a beautifully scenic marathon cuz we have a really good one right here in our area (Ogden Marathon).

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  23. you are gorgeous! Love those ears! Wonderful to meet you Morrie! Thanks for commenting on the blog and congrats to your dad! You are lucky to have possums-I have a feeling Frodo would love to befriend possums too--i have never seen one in Canada but apparently they are around somewhere hairballsandhissyfits.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by!
      I think my ears are quite smart too ;)
      And I'm so happy to have dad home again so now we can run together!
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie!

      Delete
  24. Congrats to your Pop for doing the NY marathon! Love your impression of him after the finish! Rita just had to endure a week without her Pop too - he got in one of those silver tubes and went off to Singapore for work. (Rude!) We were both very happy when he came home! Thanks for stopping by Pooch Smooches last week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. He ran the New York Marathon? How cool is THAT! My mom runs to the liquor store - that's as far as she goes. We are so glad he made it home safely to rest up with his best mate.

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha that's very funny your mum runs to the liquor store! If it was up to me I'd only be running to the treat store!! :)
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  26. Aw you are SO adorable!! I'm so glad you came by my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete