Thursday 30 November 2017

Birthday Boy!!

Hello my festive friends!

Well you won't believe it, but since we last spoke I'm a year older... and, as you can tell from my photo below, definitely a year wiser.

Two years old and so wise
The auspicious day started as it should -

with me sleeping in.
These old bones don't move like they used to...
Mum and dad then surprised me with presents...

Gimme, gimme, gimme!!!
And guess how many I got?!

TWO!!!!


It was very exciting and difficult to know which one to start with...

so I chose the most mysterious one -

the round, ball-shaped gift.

What on earth could this be?!
I'm quite a pro at unwrapping gifts (and wrapping paper is one of my FAVOURITE things to shred),

so it didn't take me long to demolish - err...I mean unwrap - my present.

What on earth could this ball-shaped present be?!

Anyway, you won't believe what was so cleverly concealed in the wrapping paper...

It was a ball!!

Who would have guessed?!
I was so delighted with my new soft ball that I bit my fangs into it as hard as I could, and managed to burst it within seconds - what a great trick!

Mum seemed less impressed, but I was thrilled... I love balls almost as much as I love destroying things - what a great start to the day!

Next up, was the long skinny present - 

This looks promising...

It was a bubble blower!!!


This was a great surprise, and I impressed mum and dad with my hunting abilities - 

chasing down those bubbles and popping them before they could hit the ground.

No bubble will escape my wrath...
After so much excitement, you'd think a big two-year-old would be ready for a rest, wouldn't you?

Not me!

Partying in the park!
I dragged mum and dad to the park for a birthday play - 

And it was the best! 

We played with my non-destructible Kong ball (well, they call it non-destructible.. we will see about that...), 

until I was too tired to run anymore.

Racing into the new birthday year...
And when we returned home, I was greeted by a special delivery!

Hmph... is this it?! I was hoping it would be edible...
The postman had delivered a birthday card for me!


A little bent.. I blame the postie...
Mum told me this was from my "breeders" - 

a lovely couple who looked after me when I was very small.

Apparently they liked me so much they put me on the ironing board...?!
Well I was keen to show my appreciation for the birthday card...

I'll take this from here, thanks very much...

And like all of my favourite items...

I gave it my signature chew of love.

I stand corrected... this is edible...

What a wonderful day! 

And now that I'm two, I can't wait to see what the next year brings...

Until next time!


"...because there's nothing minor about being a Morris..."

41 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Morrie!!! Wow you got some wonderful presents!
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hazel & Mabel!
      I feel very old but very special on my big day -
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  2. Happy, Yappy Birthday, Morrie. You sure know what to do with presents. We just stand there and wait for HER to open them. Great work modifying that ball and card.

    Pee S We're afraid of bubbles...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I sure do know what to do with wrapping paper - SHRED IT!! ;)
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a great birfday pawty you had! And that one picture sure captured your smile! We think 2 is a great age and you will rock it!

    Happy birthday!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy and Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I really did have a super day - thanks so much Murphy and Stanley!
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday!! Omgosh you are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I had a very happy day :)
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie!

      Delete
  5. Wow, a lie in, pressies and playtime. What could be better?
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.
    PS Gail loves the sleeping in picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bertie!
      Yes it was a great day and sleeping in was the best!
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  6. happy Happy Birthday to youuu arrroooo! we love the fabulous scottie card!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes the Scottie card was such a nice surprise .. (and surprisingly tasty too...)
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I really had a blast thanks!!
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  8. Happy 2nd Birthday, Morrie! You got awesome gifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Molly :)
      I was very excited to get TWO presents! For my first birthday I got one present.. I wonder how many I will get for my 3rd birthday?! 🤔
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  9. What a Super Dooper day you had. I wish you a very Hap-Pee Yap-Pee Birfday, Morrie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super Dooper is a great way to describe it!
      I had so much fun and I'm pretty sure my year of being two will ne great!
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  10. Morrie Major us Scots were born with the wisdom of the ages and getting older just makes us even better. A toast to you on your birthday,
    I raising my Whisky and Kilt to say
    May the best you’ve ever seen
    Be the worst you’ll ever see
    Happy Birthday Morrie!
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's a great message Sweet William The Scot!
      Not many people appreciate how wise and dignified us Scotties are.. I can't wait to see what my year of being two brings :)
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie!

      Delete
  11. What an exciting birthday for you , Morrie!!! Happy Second Birthday from all of us. We like bubbles too.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine you'd all be VERY good with bubbles!!
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you Astro!
      Meeting you and all my Blogville friends has been a real highlight this past year!!
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  13. Morrie! Two years old! Know what? I'll be turning two in March. Two is a great age don't you think? We're not babies anymore - we're almost grown up (kinda). Looks like you murdered your birthday ball and card but bubbles can be fun to catch. Nice that you had a birthday run with your Mum and Dad. Here's to many, many more celebrations for you!

    Hugs, Teddy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree with you Teddy - two seems like a pretty great age to be!
      Hopefully your special day in march will be just as much fun!
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  14. Hahahahaha! Apparently they liked me so much they put me on the ironing board...?!

    Best caption EVER!

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha yes, mum lets me have free reign over what I want to say in my photo captions (and occasionally she makes me hold my tongue in other places...!)
      Thanks for the visit to my blog!
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  15. Happy birthday. It looks like you had a fantastic day. You have wonderful parents. I am sure you have made them very happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really fun day! And yes my Pawents are pretty good... sometimes they can be a little thrifty on the ole treat giving caper but overall I can't complain 😉
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie!

      Delete
  16. Such a fun day! Happy Birthday from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes it was a blast!
      Here's to hoping the year of being two is just as much fun!!
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  17. Happy birthday Morrie! Wow! A new squeaky ball and a bubble maker! And a fancy card too! You're a lucky pup! I hope you got an extra yum yum delicious dinner too after all that playing you did! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, actually you make a good point that I should have got an extra yum yum dinner... if memory serves me correctly I had my standard dinner - I'll have to make mum fix this error with a nice sausage soon!! 😋
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  18. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Morrie!!!!
    Look at you, two years old....gosh you're a GROWN up now, hehe, of course not, us pups never grow up do we
    What wonderful Birthday gifts and pawsome work on the ball, Have funs with bubbles and have a fun filled special day
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Princess Leah!!
      Yes I feel very grown up now that I'm two, but just to prove to myself that not too old yet I did some crazy laps of the house inside today and I was relieved to discover that was still great fun (phew... not that old yet!)
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  19. Looks like you had a super duper fun day! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did have so much fun - I think unwrapping my presents was the best bit!
      Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

      Delete
  20. WOOO HOOO Morrie!!! Happy 2nd Birthday mee furend!!!! Yur lookin mitey grown uppy an hansum.
    LadyMum *swooned* over yur fotoss' an shee laffed at how active you are! Shee told mee that her furend Scott McGhee ran like a pup even when hee was all most 14 yearss old...you should come play toyss with mee! Wee wood have a blast!
    ***nose bumpsss*** Siddhartha Henry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm sorry to be soooooooo late to wish you a Happy Barkday, Morrie! It looks like you had a frurrific day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey wishing you belated birthday greetings from your friends here in Spain. What a puptastic day you had.
    wooos
    Khumbu, Kyra, Rita and Arko

    ReplyDelete